Values and Ethos
Learning Today for a Better Tomorrow
Preparing each individual child today for a better tomorrow, nurturing their dreams, hopes and aspirations.
Our mission is to improve educational outcomes for all pupils at Leigh Central Primary School and to ensure that all pupils leave us academically, socially and emotionally ready for the next stage of their education. We care about our children and want them to feel safe and supported. We ensure our school is friendly, welcoming, active, vibrant and inclusive. We take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and foster a safeguarding culture which goes above and beyond our statutory duties.
At Leigh Central Primary we aim to –
- Create a school which is both caring and nurturing, where everyone feels safe, confident and valued;
- Create a learning environment where children are encouraged to be respectful, responsible and independent and are given the necessary skills to succeed in life;
- Create an exceptional, life enhancing educational experience which leads to positive outcomes for each child;
- Ensure each child is making steady, planned progress towards their full potential;
- Children to develop lively, inquisitive minds with a lifelong love of learning;
- Involve all our families and the wider community in the life of our school and the education of its children;
- Celebrate the diversity of our school community valuing everyone’s uniqueness, beliefs and achievements; always encouraging them to always be proud of who they are;
- Provide an engaging, creative and innovative curriculum which is aspirational, relevant and challenging;
- Have consistently high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all;
- Develop all aspects of British life and culture, celebrating differences, diversity, Core Values and preparing children for life in modern Britain;
- Commit to developing well-being opportunities and trauma informed practices for children, staff and parents in order to promote good mental health and strong physical well-being;
- Encourage everyone (children, staff and parents) to ‘go the extra mile’ and will only accept their best.
Our Core Values