This page contains information about travelling to school and road safety. Please check out our School Travel Policy by clicking here.
We encourage all members of our school community to walk, cycle or travel by public transport for the journey to school as this:
- keep us fit and healthy
- help our pupils develop road safety skills which will keep them safe as they travel further afield and more independently
- help keep our local air clean, and our streets free from congestion
- are life skills that everyone should be able to benefit from
To support this we provide a range of initiatives including:
- Cycle and scooter parking
- Public transport information
- Bicycle Repair Workshops / Dr Bike (In partnership with Leigh Neighbours) to ensure bicycles are safe and winter or summer ready.
- Pedestrian training
We understand that sometimes there is no alternative to driving to school. Where a car must be used we ask parents to drive only part of the way, drop their child off away from the school so that some of the journey can be walked or scooted or park away from school and escort their child the rest of the way. Ideally a 5-10 minutes' walk.
If you do have to drive your child and stop in the near vicinity please do so legally, safely and with respect for our school community, neighbours and local residents.